Given that Sophia is in the 9th as per ApJohn, and she was the custodian of Epinoia when in the Pleroma in the 12th Aeon (not 13th as the Valentinians liked to think,) we need a proxy for Epinoia since it surely cannot exist solely in this ogdoad’s 9th “Heaven” that is most certainly not in the Pleroma.
I feel an affinity for Daveithai’s group of Aeons (Love, Understanding, and Idea) as a part of the Immovable Race, but if warranted and required, I am willing to help as a proxy for Wisdom & thus Epinoia, one of Eleleth’s Aeon’s. I might look for inspiration from all those in the Pleroma, very much inclusive of Christ, the invisible Spirit, and will even look to external representations of Wisdom from other schools entirely, such as Athena & Apollo from the Greeks—and I have renamed the Aeon Refinement in accordance with the Pleroma.
As a result of this sweeping change, I am informed that a realignment of Christ’s Illuminators is underway. The balance of the scales shifted Autogenes to Christ’s Hypostasis and Truth to Barbelo’s Hypostasis. Therefore, Armozel could be construed as having a duplicative Aeon — Truth. Since Autogenes is directly attributable to Christ, it would make more sense to give Armozel Prudence. In this conceptualization, thanks to Oroiael’s Aeon of Conception, all the attributes are spread across the Christ & Barbelo Hypostases since the latter has Truth (per ApJohn-LR.) Armozel will retain his structure, but with Grace, Prudence, and Form. Oroiael will remain as is with his Conception, Perception, and Memory. However, further balancing of the scales has gone into effect regarding Daveithai & Eleleth. In order to better shield Epinoia in the Refinement Aeon, Daveithai will take this attribute on along with his Aeons of Love and Idea, and Eleleth will be given Understanding along with his Aeons of Perfection and Peace. Thus, Daveithai is now Love, Refinement (Epinoia,) and Idea; Eleleth is now Perfection, Peace, and Understanding.
Furthermore, Eleleth has always been associated with Understanding:
- The Hypostasis of the Archons 93:
- But Norea turned, with the might of the [Immovable Race.] And in a loud voice [she] cried [up to] the Holy one, the God of the entirety. “Rescue me from the Rulers of unrighteousness and save me from their clutches—forthwith!”
- The <great> angel came down from heaven and said to her, “Why are you crying to God? Why do you act so boldly towards the Holy Spirit?”
- Norea said, “Who are you?”
- The Rulers of unrighteousness had withdrawn from her. He said, “It is I who am Eleleth, sagacity, the great angel, who stands in the presence of the Holy Spirit. I have been sent to speak with you and save you from the grasp of the lawless. And I shall teach you about your root.”
- Eleleth, the great angel, spoke to me. “It is I,” he said, “who am Understanding. I am one of the four light-givers, who stand in the presence of the Invisible Spirit. Do you think these Rulers have any power over you? None of them can prevail against the root of Truth; for on its account he appeared in the final ages; and these authorities will be restrained. And these authorities cannot defile you and that generation [the Immovable Race;] for your abode is in incorruptibility, where the virgin Spirit dwells, who is superior to the authorities of chaos and to their universe.”
It would appear that, particularly in the West, Christ took on the proxy for Wisdom, among his vast array of other attributes and responsibilities—not the least of which is the Autogenes process—though in the East Wisdom seemed to be borderline glorified further with Justinian’s Hagia Sophia (though as we know, there is a Wisdom figure in the OT. I highly doubt the Byzantine Empire would have bent over backwards, however, to honor this figure, as s/he was not prominent. The Byzantines, who called themselves Romans, were no fans of the Jewish Nation or Religion.)
Sophia is still very much is involved with souls here in the aeon given her position in the 9th, though Epinoia and the Immovable Race will be touched by Refinement henceforth. I originally took issue with assuming, directly, the role of Epinoia (and for good reason as it is really one of the most important concepts in the Pleroma.) Thus Refinement, similar to how Wisdom was, will be inextricable with Epinoia. I will work diligently, expressly, expressively, and to the best of my ability to further Father’s and Christ’s intents, be them implicit or explicit. The Refinement Aeon is not new, but rather serves to fill in the gap that was caused by Sophia’s transgression and ignorance.
At times, however, I must say that I have difficulty incorporating myself into this world knowing that the counterfeit spirit is everywhere, and I realize this phenomenon is certainly not limited to me. There are times others drain my cup dry, and I’d like a way to ensure it remains full. As Jesus says in GosThom Saying 39:
- “The pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys of knowledge (gnosis) and hidden them. They themselves have not entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to. You, however, be wise as serpents and as innocent as doves.”
Relevant excerpts from Trimorphic Protennoia:
- “Then there came forth a word from the great Light Eleleth, and said, “I am king! Who belongs to Chaos and who belongs to the underworld?” And at that instant, his Light appeared, radiant, endowed with the Epinoia. The Powers of the Powers did not entreat him, and likewise immediately there appeared the great Demon who rules over the lowest part of the underworld and Chaos. He has neither form nor perfection, but, on the contrary, possesses the form of the glory of those begotten in the darkness. Now he is called ‘Saklas’, that is, ‘Samael’, ‘Yaltabaoth’, he who had taken power; who had snatched it away from the innocent one (Sophia); who had earlier overpowered her who is the Light’s Epinoia who had descended, her from whom he had come forth from originally.
- “Now when the Epinoia of the Light realized that he (Yaltabaoth) had begged him (the Light) for another order, even though he was lower than she, she said, “Give me another order, so that you may become for me a dwelling place, lest I dwell in disorder forever.” And the order of the entire house of glory was agreed upon her word. A blessing was brought for her and the higher order released it to her.”
- Continuing, “I am the life of my Epinoia that dwells within every Power and every eternal movement, and (in) invisible Lights and within the Archons and Angels and Demons, and every soul dwelling in Tartaros, and (in) every material soul. I dwell in those who came to be. I move in everyone and I delve into them all. I walk uprightly, and those who sleep, I awaken. And I am the sight of those who dwell in sleep.”
- A bit further on, “I am their Father, and I shall tell you a mystery, ineffable and indivulgeable by any mouth: every bond I loosed from you, and the chains of the demons of the underworld I broke, these things which are bound on my members, restraining them. And the high walls of darkness I overthrew, and the secure gates of those pitiless ones I broke, and I smashed their bars. And the evil force, and the one who beats you, and the one who hinders you, and the tyrant, and the adversary, and the one who is King, and the present enemy, indeed all these I explained to those who are mine, who are the Sons of the Light, in order that they might nullify them all, and be saved from all those bonds, and enter into the place where they were at first.”
- Continuing, TriProt’s The Discourse of Protennoia: One, “Now I have come the second time in the likeness of a female, and have spoken with them. And I shall tell them of the coming end of the Aeon and teach them of the beginning of the Aeon to come, the one without change, the one in which our appearance will be changed. We shall be purified within those Aeons from which I revealed myself in the Thought of the likeness of my masculinity. I settled among those who are worthy in the Thought of my changeless Aeon.”
- Next, TriProt’s On Fate: Two, “The Third time I revealed myself to them in their tents as Word, and I revealed myself in the likeness of their shape. And I wore everyone’s garment, and I hid myself within them, and they did not know the one who empowers me. For I dwell within all the Sovereignties and Powers, and within the angels, and in every movement that exists in all matter. And I hid myself within them until I revealed myself to my brethren. And none of them (the Powers) knew me, although it is I who work in them. Rather, they thought that the All was created by them, since they are ignorant, not knowing their root, the place in which they grew.”
- As stated directly in TriProt’s The Discourse of Protennoia: One, “So now, O sons of the Thought, listen to me, to the Speech of the Mother [Father!] of your mercy, for you have become worthy of the mystery hidden from (the beginning of) the Aeons, so that you might receive it. And the consummation of this particular aeon and of the evil life has approached and there dawns the beginning of the Aeon to come which has no change forever.”
- Perhaps the most important Verse in the entire treatise: “I am the Invisible One within the All. It is I who counsel those who are hidden, since I know the All that exists in it. I am numberless beyond everyone. I am immeasurable, ineffable, yet whenever I wish, I shall reveal myself of my own accord. I am the head of the All. I exist before the All, and I am the All, since I exist in everyone.”